Dad got his CT results back on Monday, they were ok but most of the masses in his liver grew approx. 1cm. The doctor feels that the reason we’re seeing an increase in size is because there was a two month wait between the first CT scan to the start of his first chemo session. See he had the original CT done January 10, 2011. Then he started Chemo March 7, 2011. Then May 9, 2011 was his most recent CT scan which really has only been two months of chemo. The Doctor, from what my dad tells me, sounds optimistic so my dad has chosen to continue with chemo for another three months then they will have another CT done to get a better idea of what’s really going on. Now we wait… AGAIN!
I’m so sad, I really don’t know what to think at this point. I guess I was just really hopeful based on how my dad has been feeling and looking these past few weeks that we would have gotten some really good results. I guess that’s really not the case but I have to keep in mind that he is only on palliative chemo, which I knew, but it just seems more real when you actually read it on the CT results. I just pray that he continues to look and feel better in the next three months in hopes of some good news.
In Other News...
Hystroscopy and Endo Biopsy are quickly approaching. Only 6 more days to go!! Does anyone know if I will need to take a few days off after this or could I go back to work the next day? I just have a desk job so I won’t be doing anything strenuous. Does it hurt to have this done?