Thursday, August 4, 2016

DE FET #3 - The Arrival Of Our Twins

 Sorry it's been so long, I've been meaning to post something way sooner but every time I start I get distracted with either H or the twins. Let's give this another go. I've now given this so many attempts that three months have passed.

Much like last time it really wasn't uneventful. On May 31st I went in to get IVIG because I had very low platelets, around 55 I believe. To be sure the treatment of IVIG worked I went for a blood test the next day, June 1st, and they were even lower so that afternoon my OB admitted me to the hospital. They weren't sure what we were going to do at this point but they just wanted me there so they could observe me. 

June 2nd at 9:00am was my scheduled C Section. I wasn't sure if it was going to happen that day, I was just crossing my fingers because I was getting so uncomfortable with the swelling. I was asking the nurses all morning to see if it was still a go but they weren't sure but then someone came to get me and it was a go. I was so excited to meet them. 

We get into the room where they prep you with iv and stuff and they took my blood to check my platelets again and they came back too low, 45 I believe, so they said they didn't want to preform the c-section, that I would have to have a general. I was so upset, I wanted to see my babies when they were born and I've also heard that I could be at a higher risk for postpartum if we did it this way. Luckily I had a very lovely persistent nurse that stood up for me and they agreed to give me a transfusion of platelets to see if they went up. Luckily they went up - just barely - and by 2pm we were in the room ready for the c-section. 

We had our second and third little miracles at 36 weeks 4 days, which was our scheduled c-section day, on June 2, 2016. At 2:10pm our little boy, A was born weighing 6lbs 14oz and at 2:11pm our little girl, H was born weighing 5lbs 7oz.

This is them today, September 12, 2016, at 15 weeks old. We are all doing very well and they are growing like weeds already but I have to say that caring for twins has to be the hardest thing I've ever done in my life but I love them to bits!!









SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Your babies are absolutely adorable. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...